Over 15 years’ experience with a number of innovative companies, industries and products. A proven track record of positive impact on a company’s bottom line through aggressive lead generation, leading-edge advertising and online messaging. Offering a unique skillset that includes both creative and technical sides, capable of managing both direct-reports and outside agencies.
Marketing: Broad range of experience with traditional marketing channels, including digital, television, radio, outdoor, yellow pages, direct mail and special events. Particular emphasis on integrating traditional marketing with online strategies, including search engine advertising, affiliate marketing, digital display and social media engagement—also leveraging search engine optimization (SEO) and reputation management.
Leadership: Proven ability to direct and work with a team in a collaborative work environment. Able to juggle multiple projects, teams and agencies, maintaining a sense of humor even under a deadline.
Communication: Strong background in both B2B and direct-to-consumer communication, with special emphasis on making difficult-to-understand concepts accessible to non-technical people. Highly skilled as an editor and proofreader. Several published and produced pieces; multiple local and national writing awards.
Design: Proficient in design and layout for print, digital documents and websites. Expert user of current design-related software and technologies such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, HTML, and CSS.
Technology: Experienced with portal-based marketing tools such as SalesForce.com (administrator capacity) and Eloqua (Eloqua Master certification). Knowledgeable in relational database theory and design; can write basic SQL queries to aggregate data and generate reports. Highly motivated to master new technologies and keep abreast of trends and developments.
Control4, Online Marketing Manager, February 2012 – October 2013
- Directed all online marketing and lead generation activities, driving an 87% year-over-year increase in lead volumes for 2012 and a 215% year-to-date increase in 2013.
- Managed print and digital display campaigns, coordinating creative with design team, juggling deadlines and measuring results for several dozen publications and platforms.
- Created and implemented a comprehensive SEO strategy that included onside optimization, a successful blog, organic and affiliate-based link building and a reputation management plan.
- Designed and implemented an Eloqua-based lead scoring system to analyze leads in real time based on submitted data and tracked behavior, making it easier to prioritize leads for referral to affiliated dealers.
- Supported dealer messaging through targeted e-mail campaigns and live webinars on topics from marketing to technical training—managing messaging, presentations, speakers and follow-up—with audiences from several dozen to several thousand.
Marketing Consulting, December 2010 – January 2012
- Performed ad hoc marketing services for diverse clients, including a large multi-national bank, multiple educational institutions, auto dealerships and a software-as-a-service company.
- Created brochures, wrote press releases, designed event collateral, developed Flash animations, crafted web content and edited technical literature.
- Provided search engine optimization services, including a large project that included generating over 200 keyword-focused articles for a client in the financial services space.
DriveTime, Marketing Manager, March 2005 – November 2010
- Managed or helped manage all traditional and online advertising for a national auto finance company with annual originations of $650 million and a lending portfolio of over $1.5 billion.
- Directed a 20-plus-market television spend of over $12 million, a search engine marketing program of almost $2 million and a growing online affiliate marketing program. Also managed yellow pages and search engine optimization agencies, overseeing week-to-week activities and directing project development.
- Recruited and administered an extensive third-party lead program with over a dozen different lead sources.
- Helped design critical in-house systems and processes to bolster marketing efforts: a business development center, a robust internal reporting system, a custom-developed sales CRM tool, and a consumer web portal.
- Fostered young talent through the company’s year-round internship program. Worked with five different interns, nurturing two of them into full career-track employees with the company.
- Helped increase online sales from 6% to over 55% of the company total—expanding monthly lead volumes by 10 to 15 times (not percent)—through multi-channel lead generation and follow-up.
Independent Mobility Systems/The Braun Corporation, Marketing Manager, October 2002 – April 2005
- Directed all marketing activities for mobility vehicle manufacturer with $30 million in annual sales and a yearly marketing budget of $750,000. Made all strategic decisions relating to lead generation and analysis, print advertising, direct-mail campaigns and media relations.
- Revamped all product literature, dealer marketing materials (posters, forms, point-of-sale brochures), corporate collateral, and multimedia materials during first year with the company. Also redesigned the entire corporate website, including front- and back-end systems, product imagery and content.
- Managed the marketing launch for the Sienna Rampvan, created in partnership with Toyota. Project included custom photography, extensive print and video materials, press releases and online content. The runaway success of this product launch resulted in the company’s acquisition by a major competitor.
- Coordinated all trade show activity (6-8 per year); implemented a training program for affiliated dealers.
Ingeo Systems, Marketing Communications Manager, February 2001 – July 2002
- Anchored a four-person marketing team to launch this start-up, developing a complete collateral package, website, and supporting material.
- Authored education pieces about the company and its niche industry, covering topics such as digital document standards, legislation, e-signatures and a specialized glossary.
- Developed written and video case studies on key deployments, editing the material into polished pieces, exporting and compressing final clips for the web.
- Crafted interactive browser-based product demonstrations for use by the sales organization.
Sorenson Vision, Media Relations Manager, September 1999 – February 2001, Product Manager, July 1997 – September 1999
- Promoted products through press and video releases, case studies, white papers and feature articles.
- Planned and conducted strategic press tours with technology journalists on both coasts.
- Worked with the marketing team to execute trade shows and expos such as MacWorld and Comdex. Hosted the first live, “mobile” trade show webcast at MacWorld 2001, attracting over 150,000 online viewers.
- As product manager, oversaw the development and production of educational software products.
- Created and executed a strategic marketing plan for finished products.
August 1997, Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah
June 1993, Brigham Young University-Hawaii; Laie, Hawaii